Health, Safety & Environment
Letchworth Garden City
We are delighted to be partnering with a well-established manufacturing business, with a history dating over 50 years, to appoint a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager who will drive continuous improvement throughout the company.
The main purpose of this (newly created) senior management position is to support the organization's growth, by ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation affecting the business. This is a standalone position working on one site, with various operations.
- Develop, implement and control a robust system for internal Health & Safety procedures and policies
- Managing and maintaining the Quality system and ensuring compliance with the required ISO standards
- Driving forward initiatives to promote a positive Health & Safety culture
- Reviewing systems and procedures, and monitoring safety performance through regular site inspections and audits to identify areas for improvement
- Investigating and reporting accidents or near miss occurrences, and implementing measures to prevent future occurrence
- Lead in house training with managers and employees about Health & Safety related matters
This position will suit an individual that is looking for a new challenge in a varied role, that provides the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the success of the business.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate Health & Safety matters in an easily understood manner to a varied audience
- Experience in manufacturing, chemicals, packaging or similar fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Recognized qualification in Health & Safety - preferably at Diploma level, however cerificate level backed with relevant experience would suffice
- Ability to deliver Health & Safety related training
This is a fantastic opening to join a business undergoing transformation due to recent investment and presents the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the success of the business.