Health, Safety & Environment
£300 Per Day
Reporting to the SHEQ Director, the role will be based in the company’s state of the art facility in Aylesbury and entails about 30% travel to the secondary site which is located about 50 minutes’ drive from the primary site.
The main purpose of this role is to provide process safety expertise to ensure that the company operates in a safe and legally compliant manner.
- Provide support and expert advice on all HSE matters to the allocated sites
- Control and monitoring of hazard identification and risk assessment programmes (HAZIDs/ Hazops)
- Collaborate with managers in developing, implementing and controlling systems to enhance EHS performance across both sites
- Investigating accidents or near miss occurrences and making recommendations to prevent future occurrence
- Carrying out site audits to ensure compliance and implementing corrective actions where deficiencies are identified.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and experience in process safety.
- Knowledge of process safety with a background in chemical processing, manufacturing, recycling or similar environment
- Hold relevant qualifications or memberships such as NEBOSH/ IOSH/ IEMA
- Experience of managing compliance within a lower tier COMAH site is highly desirable
- Basic understanding of CDM would be an added benefit
Although the company is initially looking to appoint someone on a six months’ contract, there is scope to extend or even make this a permanent role down the line. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a flourishing and innovative business and we look forward to hearing from you if this opportunity sounds like a good fit.